A Tom Swifty is a type of pun that plays on the relationship between the adverb at the end of the sentence and the contents of the sentence.
- “You will have to figure that out on your own,” Tom said helplessly.
- “This candy is too tart,” Tom said sourly.
- “I’ve been operating the jackhammer all day,” Tom said callously.
- “I finally get my cast off tomorrow,” Tom said patiently.
- “That gymnast is amazing!” Tom said flippantly.
Choose 5 of the adverbs below to create 5 Tom Swiftys of your own.