1. The first word of every sentence
• We are going to the park.
2. The specific names of people and places
• Lincoln High School
• Empire State Building
• Dr. Wilson
3. School subjects are not capitalized unless they are names of languages
• I am taking history, science, French, and English
4. The name of a specific class
• I love Woodshop 101!
5. Do not capitalize the seasons: spring, summer, fall, and winter
Directions: Triple underline each letter that should be capitalized. Put a slash through each letter that should not be capitalized.
- In the Fall I will attend a new high school, and I will take Biology.
- Mrs. jackson helped me with my math homework.
- Last summer I went to Niagara falls with my aunt and uncle.
- I am looking forward to taking American history; I hear the Teacher is great.
- We visited Doheny Beach, and now I want to live near the Beach someday.
- the Doctor told us not to eat too much candy on halloween.
- Joy and her Friend landed at kennedy airport in the middle of Summer.
- The Debate team went to san Francisco for the competition.
- My favorite classes are History, English, and Math.
- I am looking forward to starting High School in the Fall.
- The Lawyer gave us good news at the courthouse in tucson, Arizona.
- In earth science 101 we studied the effects of the Volcano in Washington.