New Year’s Resolutions Interview
Interview a partner about his or her resolutions for the New Year. When you are done, write a paragraph about your partner’s goals. Include the following: your partner’s name, New Year’s resolutions and what they need to do to accomplish these goals. Be prepared to share with the class.
New Year’s Traditions Interview
Interview a partner about his or her family’s traditions on New Year’s Day. Here are some traditions that people have:
- Pray for health and prosperity in the coming year
- Eat black-eyed peas for good luck
- Open all the doors and windows at midnight to let out the bad spirits
- Make lots of noise at midnight to scare away the bad spirits
- Wear new clothes to bring good luck
- Kiss a loved one at midnight
Ask your partner what traditions his or her family has. Write a paragraph about your partner’s response. Be prepared to share with the class.