Funny Word of the Day
I like words of the day, but I want them to be funny words. If you contribute a word of the day you can earn 2 extra credit points.
- Fill out a note card with your name, date and period
- Also put the word, the part of speech and the definition
- The word must be appropriate, sound funny or have a funny meaning
- Put the note card in the box on the filing cabinet
- The maximum extra credit you can receive with this is 6 points.
If something that we are reading reminds you of a movie, you can bring it in and earn extra credit points. The requirements are:
- The clip must relate to a theme, symbol, archetype or otherwise relate to what we are doing in class.
- The clip must be G, PG or PG-13. No cussing, violence or suggestive behavior.
- The clip must be no more than 10 minutes.
- You must provide the DVD and know the exact location of the clip
- I need to be able to keep the DVD a week.
- It is first come first serve – I will not give the extra credit twice if someone suggests a clip before you.
- If your movie clip is accepted, you will earn up to 10 extra credit points in the participation category of your grade.
- The amount of points earned depends on the quality and relevancy of your clip.