Lie/ Lay/ Lain – to recline or to rest
Lay/ Laid/ Laid – to put something down
First decide if the sentence is describing someone reclining or putting something down. Then determine in what tense the sentence is written.
- ________ the money on the table.
- Are they going to ________ the carpet in your house?
- Chris wondered who was ________ on the bench.
- He ________ on the beach all day today.
- He has ________ by the pool all week.
- He has ________ carpet for 10 years.
- He is ________ the carpet down right now.
- I ________ the book on the couch this morning.
- She ________ in bed until she felt better.
- That is a strange place to ________ down and take a nap.
- The dog has ________ in the sun for three hours.
- They ________ the carpet yesterday.
- They have ________ the groundwork for the new building.
- What good is it to ________ there?
- Yesterday, he ________ on the beach all day.
- You have ________ the sheets on that bed?