Watch the How the Grinch Stole Christmas cartoon and follow the plot structure. Students will illustrate the story plot structure on this storyboard form.
The story is a perfect Christmas classic and it follows the: introduction, rising action, climax, and falling action.
- Pass out the storyboard form to each student.
- Write the above listed plot terms on the board – it would help if this was not the first time they had been exposed to these terms.
- Watch the movie and have students illustrate each part of the plot. Students should do a quick sketch that represents each part of the plot.
- Students should color each illustration depending on how much time you have.
- This form has six boxes. There should be one picture for the introduction, two pictures for the rising action, one picture for the climax and two for the falling action.
- Students should label each box with a brief explanation of the event
Assessment: I check for understanding of the plot terms (depending on how well students are expected to understand them). I also check effort but not artistic ability.